Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Eats

My hosts here in Nordeast Mpls, Sarah and John, really know how to make a guy feel welcome. Yesterday, for instance, they ordered this sunrise out the back window...





Trust me, these snaps come nowhere near capturing the sky-filling beauty of this cold morning.

We've also been eating dinner like champs here (veggie lasagna, broiled porkchops with roasted sweet potatoes, etc.). But since they're both off teaching our nation's youth during the day, I'm on my own... or at least I'm out with Brian touring some of our favorite cheap eats in twin town.

Monday we took the adorable Felix for some E. Lake St. taco love, washed down with a cool horchata.





Tuesday all-day thrifting so we ate those Jasmine Deli Vietnamese sandwiches in the car...







I'm all for a good bratwurst, but these things are next level.

Before this is over, a walleye sandwich is gonna get hurt.

1 comment:

EKR said...

Mmm...'Sota... food...Step away- slowly- from the hotdish.