Saturday, December 1, 2007

Just my type...

This morning Lily, Kate and I ducked into the thrift store to get out of the rain. Lily found 1) a naked barbie doll (for work, honest); 2) a wooden ruler (a christmas present for a carpenter she knows who is not Jesus); 3) a pair of brown suede pumps. Kate found a stack of German 80s pop CDs.

I was shut out until they were in check-out and I walked over to the window ledge, where, under a folded tablecloth, I saw this:



When I opened it I found this:

Bakelite body... wow. In chocolate, no less.


With caramel keys...



Express... a rare 1951-54 portable produced in Frankfurt. Only a few hundred were ever sold.



Trainspotting note: Serial number (204091) is year (1952), Month (04 or April) and Unit Number (091).



Just my type(writer). Super smooth.

1 comment:

EKR said...

lucky! you should buy a lottery ticket.