Sunday, December 9, 2007

Family (Take 3)

Here come the Schmalzes!



My folks rolled through for the week.

We trained out to Weimar...



Where we visited the Bauhaus museum, I had a spirited discussion with a local bookseller, and my parents immitated Goethe and Schiller (who was who, I'm still not sure).


Took the bus 10k up the hill to Buchenwald concentration camp...





Cold December.


Friday we caught a window in the rain and hopped a regional train out to Hann Münden to see its architectural beautifulness...










They got to see lily dance (for the first time in almost seven years!) in Tanzabend I and the operetta (we snuck into the General Rehearsal).




And we rolled down to Frankfurt yesterday for the mosh pit that is the Weinachtsmarkt. I don't do so well in crowds, although I appear to be enjoying myself with Ma.




Speaking of uncomfortable, Lily and Ma dragged my dad kicking and screaming to the Wallpaper Museum... of course he loved it. Unfortunately, no photo record survives.

No comments: