Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Current Issues

It's not that I've been asleep in a sock drawer for the last three weeks like this chick...


I've been up early...

writing these poems...

On that note, I have poems in the current issues of these two smashing magazines:



CONDUIT and 6x6. So buy one online or at your favorite bookstore and you won't have to think about what to read next.


And I've been up late...

because we got a television and The Africa Cup of Nations is on EVERY NIGHT for the next three weeks! The only thing better is being sent there on Puma's dime (again), like my friend Knox. Ho-hum, another coffee table book on African soccer.


Consolation prize (malaria not included): I'm packing my bags for two weeks in The Algarve (southern Portugal) with Timm, Ellen and other local runners for training in the sun and warm weather. Lily's mad jealous, but she released me from my cooking duties because she likes how I look with a tan.


She has vetoed any Green Sweatsuit moves I might be considering.

1 comment:

Thunder Chicken said...

Hi Fred - don't know if you remember me - K Grubstein from MHS. Saw your blog in the MHS notes and wanted to check out your adventures. I love Germany. I've said many times I could live there. Go to Koln. Speak German. I am jealous.