Monday, October 1, 2007

October... bring it.

"Ya Gotta Believe!"


"I can't f**kin' believe it."


My dear buddy Gregg (pictured above eating peanuts @ Shea, Summer 2007) gifted me with a Mets jersey this summer before I headed off to DE (the Kaz Matsui jerseys were 80% off, seeing as he hit .200 for the Mets and got booed clear to Colorado two years ago... not a big seller), figuring I could wear it proudly in Kassel where nobody knew a Kazmatsui from a Hazmatsuit (answer: an H and a T).

Matsui hit .287 for the playoff bound Rockies this year and the Mets... well...
I really shouldn't be this close to the oven wearing Mets gear.


Speaking of sick... It's October, and you know what that means... COLD AND FLU SEASON. I've spent the last week with a killer drain-o phlegmfest. Lily's been sleeping with earplugs...
On the upside, "Taschentüchen" is one of the naughiest-sounding words in the Deutsch language even AFTER you find out what it means...



A month and a half in Kassel. Lily got paid. We had enough left over for some used speakers from the electronic store up the street. We're in business. YAHOO!


Music is barely music piping out of a laptop. These little numbers, on the other hand...

Tonight's playlist:
Herbie Hancock "Headhunters" (aka "the stereo test record")
Bill Withers "Still Bill"
Caetano Veloso "Transa"
Candi Staton "Stand by your Man" ("all the comforts of home/with no responsibility no how" - thank you, Candi, for telling me about my life)
Eric Dolphy "Out There"

No comments: