Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lace 'em up... Race Day

Frankfurt Marathon tomorrow.



SO focussed right now...


Chocolate Milk: Runners' Superstition or Performance-Enhancing Drug?




Train leaves Kassel 6:15 a.m. Arrives Frankfurt 8:30. Race is at 10:00. Kindly, we set the clocks back an hour tonight so there is not so much sleep lost.

Course is flat and fast. Lots of turns at the beginning and the end, with two long straightaways - 10k west along the south bank of the Main river and 10K back east along the north bank. Forecast is perfect: cool (45-50 F) and calm, with some sun possible.

Lily's coming along, which is a great treat. I will see her at 13K, 36K and 41K.

Ready.

5 comments:

EQUINOX said...

in theory you could be in frankfurt's red light district by 1pm. it's only a block from the hauptbahnhof holla

Fred said...

two words: "Prize Money"

Lillian said...

yep. bringing my windbreaker, my city map, my tolerance for german sporting event enthusiasm, and my patience for long hours searching the Family Finding Area for my withered husband. news from the front tomorrow - l.

lisa said...

what's in that happy drink???

Fred said...

EPO...