Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In the middle

Another photo-free update, this from middle America, where I've spent the last six days eating and seeing family and eating. I arrived Thursday into St. Louis in a torrential rainstorm. I will leave Evansville today in a torrential rainstorm. In between has been glorious autumn weather, cool mornings, bright sun, warming afternoons. Not too much on the docket here in Evansville - catch up with Lisa and Zach (and eat: Mr Earl's soul food, Zach's pulled pork tacos), catch up with my folks (and eat: ma's soup), slip out for long bouts of thrifting with Lisa (I passed on the green velvet sportcoat, which will probably appear in dreams for the next six months), got in the last few tuning runs before Saturday's marathon in Hartford (they installed a track at my high school... Bossy), Chopped it up with Jenny B and Naomi on the poetry front (and the riverfront... Ma Browne's new digs in downtown Newburgh are lush), went to the intensely redneck Flea Market, didn't go to the intensely brainy Fall Festival, saw my niece, met my brother-in-law, watched half of a jayvee soccer game, missed my brother by a week, and nearly got smothered by cats. Good times in Heavensville. Now back to Brooklyn.

No comments: