Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life without you



Fred's in Portugal for 2 weeks with the running club from Kassel.
He gets up early to write for an hour on the beach, then spends his days doing 2 intensive training sessions with the group, auf Deutsch.
Last week was his first 100+ mile (160 kilometer) week.
They run through almond and orange groves, out in the countryside....but I'll save the details for him when he gets back on Sunday.

Here in Kassel, I'm hanging tight. But things aren't the same.

Coffee in the morning, for one.


The cats are stalking me constantly.


I can't figure out what to cook for dinner.


Worse than that, Grocery Store Paralysis has set in. I can't even figure out what to buy for dinner.

On the upside, it's been sunny for 5 days straight.


Ben threw a great party on my birthday till 5 in the morning.


And Brenda Dickson. She's the inspiration for a character I'm developing in the new piece. The video says it all:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W5cS07X06VY

1 comment:

Fred said...

hi everybody -
keep lily company on the blog while I'm gone. I wish I could post some pictures, but you will have to wait until I get back. think fresh squeezed orange juice and endless sun. I'll leave the british tourists out of it. Five more days... I'm off for a session of mile repeats on the cross-country course now. best. fred.