Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Algarve holler

Hump day here in the Algarve... two hard workouts to go and we're home on Sunday. I will hit you with photos and movies next week, but for now I wanted to holler and let everybody know a few things about paradise:
a) it's always sunny here;
b) the wind blows about 40mph constantly, but only during the day;
3) internet access in the cellar is slow and expensive;
4) it took me nine days to master coffee-maker-less coffee that tastes like coffee, but today... BINGO;
v) cooking every night with the Kasselers, I learn a bunch of new German words (these are 22 yr old guys) - for instance, "spitz" means horny;
vi) tub laundry is what's happening (isn't it 2008?).

Also wanted to shout out all my celebrating people out there... Early February is lousy with borndays:
the wife
Kat Schmalz
John Colburn
Bureen Ruffin
Matt Rohrer
and others I'm sure I'm too sun-addled to remember. If I had more than a hotplate here, I'd bake y'all a cake.

Tune in next week for the full scoop from Operation Wristwatch Tanline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

thanks for the bornday shout my dear!